Saturday, May 19, 2007

Paris

Here we are in paris!

Only have 30 minutes, so the pictures are going to have to wait... hopefully at some time I can get some pictures up before we actually get home. Currently, we're staying at our wicked nice paris hostel, Hostel Calaincourt. Or something Like that, I really have no idea how to spell in french.

Anyway, Flew in Thursday morning without a hitch, and made our way to our frankfurt hostel with no problems whatsoever. My german skills were sketchy at first, but it was quite amazing how the fluency came back by the end of the day. Frankfurt was kinda neat, better than the bland 'bankfurt' that I had be warned of, but still not as cool as cities to come I would assume.

The train to france was pretty cool, we met some new canadian friends who went with us, but have since parted ways. Still made the 6 hour train ride more enjoyable.

Paris so far has been gorgeous, it seems every step along the way there is another famous landmark or gigantic church. There has never been a more confusing city as far as directions are concerned, its quite frustrating. Went to the Arc de Triumph, but didnt go inside because it was like 20 euro which we didnt want to spend to take a french only tour....

Today is the Lourve and the Notre Dame, both of which I'm really excited about! Tomorrow is Versailles, which I'm also really stoked for, but I have no idea how to get there, so that will be an adventure in and of itself. After which, we are going to Brussels which I hear will be more laid back and hopefully we can catch up on some sleep first... Even though the hostels we've stayed at have been gorgeous.#

Until later...
Ciao!

No comments: