Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ich Sprechen Sie Deutsch!

I speak you German!

Yeah its a bit weird, but its the one thing chris can say.

Well Berlin is very different from what I expected, but at the same time is reallz interesting to see in terms of the contemporary history. We wandered around the first day here, Saw the Reichstaggebaüde and the Brandenburger Tor both of which were pretty sweet. There was a random festival with a band from the 60s who I KNOW I've heard of but couldnt for the life of me name.

Anyway, that was kinda weird, and we, once again, booked a lame ass hostel. No girls. Hell no one within our age group at all. Hopefully Wombats in München makes up for it. It should, it was rated the coolest hostel.

Randomly found a walking tour yesterday when further wandering which was GREAT (and free) which explained pretty much everything I couldnt about German history. The stories about the Cold War were really interesting, as well as the buildings in the dead mans zone that still had bullet marks... It was pretty powerful.

Went on a bar crawl which was interesting, it rained (which doesnt suprise me at all, its rained on us in EVERY city so far.) But met some pretty cool people, but all in all, I think Berlin ranks on the lower half so far of european cities.

Tomorrow begins München!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Pat!
The Wombat's hostel is really nice. Although I also thought Berlin was amazing, so maybe you won't like the Munich Hostel... The "winter garden" (this neat room with sky lights) has a stupid name, but it's a cool commons area.

The arc de triumph is 5 euro or something, you don't need to take a tour, you can just pay the 5 euro and walk up, but I guess it's too late for that information. It's okay, there's too many things to go to the top of in Paris anyways...

I hope you're having a really great time! Take care!

Jodi

P.S. If you're still debating about Interlaken, GO! you will NOT regret it.

DAD said...

PK We need more blogs!!!

You are not keeping us up with your travels!!